The Secret Life of Chemicals by Professor Alfred Poulos is a thorough, simply-worded guide to the many chemicals present in the environment, and their connection to disease including cancer, heart disease and auto-immune disorders.
Drawing from the latest peer-reviewed medical and scientific literature (with over 600 references), it includes chapters on:
- The health effects of plastic packaging
- Pesticides in our food
- Toxic metals such as lead, arsenic, mercury and how they have ended up in the food chain.
- Air pollutants and their presence in home, through sprays, detergents and cleaning agents
- Plastics in the ocean and in landfill and the chemicals they release
- ‘Indestructibles’ – the industrial chemicals like PCBs, dioxins and PBDE flame retardants that hang around and don’t break down very easily
- Non stick chemicals added to our cooking utensils
- Chemical exposure in our workplaces
- Effects of environmental chemicals on our genes and immune systems
A must-read for anyone with an interest in health and environmental issues, The Secret Life of Chemicals, is an invaluable guide to of the many (often hidden) substances that can potentially impact our life and health.
The Secret Life of Chemicals is available to buy for $20.
To order a copy, please contact Professor Poulos directly on firstname.lastname@example.org